Michelle Hope's Five Skin Care Beauty Secrets
Posted: Oct 22 2015
Michelle's Beauty Secrets
While getting ready to dazzle everyone.....
1. While preparing your skin care ritual, put on some soul music, one of Michelle's favourites is R&B artist Kem. Just like plants music stimulates the skin and soul, leaving you energised, motivated and inspired.
2. Apply your cleanser, to the palm of your hand, add a little water and rub hands together and apply using to face with fingertips using circular motions. Pay particular attention to your forehead, cheeks, nose and neck. Rinse with warm water. A good cleanse prepares you for your skin care regime.
3. Pat your face with a dry white towel. Always use a separate towel to dry your face, especially if you are acne prone or your skin is easily irritated. Your facial skin is delicate and sensitive, and none of the oils from your body or hair should ever be transferred on your face.
4. Always allow you skin to relax and your pores to settle before applying your toner or moisturiser. Michelle uses this time to make a cup of one of her favourite teas "Jasmine" which promotes a sense of well being and calm recommended to promote relaxation and help reduce stress.
5. Don't leave home without your sunscreen! "A broad spectrum sunscreen is imperative," says Michelle whom never leaves home with out it. Women are much more comfortable with skincare than men, so ladies, you need to get your men and children on broad spectrum sunscreen. Whether there your husband, brother, friend or your male child. They need to understand it's importance.
Michelle is a women of colour and she had to do some research and hunting to find a SPF that suited her complexion. "No one's natural SPF is enough to keep the ills of sun damage at bay, it requires effort on our part to keep our brown skin tones glowing and protected from the serious summer sun" says Michelle.
She found so many SPFs contain hefty amounts of zinc or titanium oxide that make the formulations bright white, giving many darks skins a grey, smurf and zombie effect. Many were to oily and did not stay on. Finally, she found some products that finally worked. Here are Michelle's top two:
Ultra Sun Face 50+, Anti Ageing Ultra Sensitive, Facial Sun Cream - Johnlewis.com
Sensai Silky Bronze Cellular Protective Stick SPF30 - Harrods.com
"With a great skin care regime you should only use cosmetics as an enhancement to your all ready beautiful self," says our Founder, Michelle Hope