Michelle - 12 Things My Grandmother Taught Me
Posted: May 12 2014
12 Things My Grandmother Taught Me. We couldn’t celebrate Mother’s Day here on The Michelle Hope Blog without a nod to Michelle's own Grandmother, Minette. Whom raised her. She’s long been an inspiration — and not just when it comes to the work. Here, Michelle shares a few life lessons she learned from her Beloved Grandmother.
1. Always be open to new ideas, people and opportunities. And always treat everyone equally and with respect.
2. Do not marry too early, before one’s character has had an opportunity to develop, and the eye has travelled.
3. I certainly do believe in teaching children to believe in Santa Claus. Children, learn soon enough that Santa Claus is mother or father, or some other kind and compassionate person. Why not let them have the joy of believing that Santa Claus does come to all children?
4. Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
5. Be independent in thought and reach for the stars.
6. Work in the direction your instinct tells your intelligence is the right one.
7. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
8. See the cup as half full, there is always another opportunity around the corner.
9. The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
10. Your life is an adventure, you have no security if you can not live your life bravely, creatively, securely, and imaginatively.
11. You must do the thing you think you can not do.
12. Wear the dress don’t let the dress wear you.